These are the rules:
Anyone can comment, Christian or not.
No attacking anyone or your comment will be deleted. (Acceptable: “I don’t understand your comment”, “can you please explain the logic behind X”, “Are there Bible verses to support that?” Unacceptable: “You obviously know nothing about the Bible”, “that’s the stupidest logic I’ve ever heard”, “curl up and die.”)
Note: I did let a bit of a battle fight itself out on my previous Open Forum, but both parties seemed willing to take off the gloves and they were big kids and could resolve their own sandbox wars. People who are known to me and I trust to use their brains will receive more leniency than strangers. I apologize to any that may confuse or offend- but such is life. We tolerate from friends far more than we would from strangers, because we know the hearts of our friends.
So- today’s open forum. How should we share the Gospel?
If you are a Christian, answer the following two Questions:
- What do you believe the ideal way is in which to share the hope you have in Christ?
- When was the last time you did? Would you like to tell us about it?
If you aren’t a Christian (or are, and feel adventurous) answer the following:
- Do Christians ever evangelize you? If so- how do they do it?
- Does it leave you with a positive or negative impression of Christianity?
- Does that impression carry over to Christ?
Thank you in advance to everyone who plays!
The last few posts I’ve done have shown me something. Whatever people believe, for whatever reason they believe it- when they feel it is threatened they also feel they must vocally defend it. That can lead to endless cycles of fruitless arguments and hurt feelings.
In some ways, many of us are the same. Regardless of whether or not we believe homosexuality is sin, we still believe in loving and serving our neighbors.
So I want to have an experiment. I will ask a series of questions that ANYONE is welcome to answer in the comments, and expound on as they see fit. I do not want there to be a single argument in this thread, so any comment that attacks the words of another will be immediately deleted. Feel free to say things such as, “person X- could you clarify this statement” or “person Z, are there Bible verses to back that sentiment” but do not say, “person Y, I think you are wrong” or I’ll delete.
We can all live together peaceably. We MUST learn to.
So here are the questions:
- Do you believe homosexuality is a sin? Can you clarify why/why not?
- Do you know anyone who is(has been) in a same sex relationship?
- Have you known anyone when they were first discovering or questioning homosexual feelings?
- If you are the member of a church body, do you agree or disagree with the sentiments expressed towards homosexuals in your church?
- If you are a Christian or follower of a particular faith- if someone came to you expressing interest in your faith but was unwilling to leave a homosexual relationship in order to do so, would you still offer to teach them?
Let’s really think about these things, and think about their implications. I’m interested to see what you all believe, and why.